Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Final Thoughts

I have often been asked where have I visited that I liked the
most and that is hard to answer.

After this cruise, I can say that overall it is the best cruise
we have been on in the last few years. That is because the
overall cruise experience was exceptional.

Of course the beauty of the islands was a highlight. I also
enjoyed the peace and tranquility of being away from large
cities and crowds. It's not easy to find places like these for
several weeks.

But apart from the beautiful islands, the onboard experience
was superior to most. the "On Location" program of speakers
and the two ladies and one man who entertained with local
dances and taught local crafts (making leis, headpieces, etc)
and ukelele lessons were wonderful. The singers and dancers
were the best I have seen in a long time.

This is best explained because we were on the "flagship"
of Holland America. The Amsterdam has been doing the
world cruise for many years and the crew and entertainers
assigned there are their best. Because it was getting near
world cruise time, we already had these people aboard.

This is a cruise I hope we will be able to repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment